06 Agustus 2011
Type 056 Anti Submarine Corvettes (photo : pakdef)
'Achilles heel' of the PLA
Whether China can be proud of the first carriers and continue to upgrade a series of anti-ship cruise missile (ASCM), but the navy still easily vulnerable to attacks by vessel underwater vessel of enemy.
Demonstrates the weakness of China's major anti-submarine warfare the PLA is not only more than a dozen maritime patrol aircraft (MPA) - a force for anti-submarine warfare of the most major the advanced navy in the world.
Therefore, the defense analyst China is very concerned about the challenges of foreign submarines could create for the interests and ambitions of China Marine.
To fill the gap in anti-submarine warfare, the PLA is now building the foundation for anti-submarine capabilities are more advanced one or two decades.
Submarine warfare against non-conventional
Currently, the means of effective anti-submarine warfare of the PLA is the means of "non-conventional", including:
- Operations torpedoes once considered a strength of the PLA and is a main selection of the activity in defense against submarines in the area in the Yellow Sea or the Taiwan Strait Loan.
Analysts PLA often discussed using torpedoes to attack enemy submarines, even the secret use of commercial ships converted torpedo spread into waters where enemy submarines have work.
A senior naval officers of China's Navy Research Center in Beijing recently proposed in the future of unmanned vehicles in the water can be used to deploy mines to increase the possibility torpedoes combat effectiveness of China's anti-submarine warfare.
- Fishing vessels and fishing boats: Some sources said the PLA intends to use the fishing vessels and ships of war of the future submarine.
In fact, a major fishing a board has been re-equipped for this task. The vessel is equipped with a helicopter anti-submarine, anti-submarine torpedoes and sonar equipment pulled.
In the future, the coast guard ship China will be improved according to the trend to enhance anti-submarine warfare of the Chinese Navy.
Conventional anti-submarine warfare
- Development of sonar technology drag: long Chinese navy has deployed a large fleet of ships built underground stretch of water weighs less (Type 037), but still lacks a force of modern surface warships perform anti-submarine war, even when equipped with two air defense frigates (Type 054) and destroyers (Type 052) modernity.
Chinese navy has not prioritized the development of sonar technology, although technology has been dragging sonar French exports to China early in 1980. The hull-mounted sonar surface combat the latest China is capable of detecting targets at long distances.
Recently believe surface warship force of China is the latest installation of domestic drilling H/SJG-206 sonar can detect targets at a distance of 100km.
- Force corvette: China will launch an anti-submarine corvette modern in the years ahead. According to the Chinese media is the Type-056 corvettes, with a length of about 90 m and the displacement of 1,500 tons.Future anti-submarine protector of the Chinese Navy Type 056.
On board are a marine radar and a nasal sound in the apron capable of receiving a Haitun Z-9 helicopters. Weapons on board, including a 76 mm cannon in the nose (probably a replica cannon Russian AK-176), four anti-ship missiles YJ-2, YJ-3 or YJ-83 (C-802/C-803 ) in the vessel and a system of short range air defense missile FL-3000N on the superstructure in the stern. Maybe the nose is the ship column layout scour radar Type 348 (LR-66). Type-056 is expected to replace or complement the Type-037 ships.
- Navy Helicopter: To enhance anti-submarine from the air, the Chinese navy has stepped up developing some kind of helicopter anti-submarine warfare as the Z-9C and Z-8.
However, analysts believe that the Chinese navy, helicopter Z-9C has not met the requirements of anti-submarine warfare by the Z-9C lack the ability to carry heavy load to carry on your processor fly, float glass negative and anti-submarine weapons, although Z-9C is mounted a pair of 1-2 pylons to carry out anti-submarine torpedo domestic ET52 has a range of up to 9.5 km.
In addition, Z-9C is equipped with a Type 605 sonar (copies of AN/AQS-13 U.S.), a float glass tank 12 passive voice, active voice 4 float glass, float glass sound a thermometer sound levels and a float glass determined the ocean environment.
Anti-submarine helicopter Z-9C (photo : CATIC)
Z-9C installed a wireless receiver to record the audio signal of float glass at a distance of 10 km while flying at the speed of 120km / h.
While Z-8 size too big, not suitable for most surface ships of the PLA. Therefore, the PLA must import Helix Ka-28 helicopters from Russia in large numbers to enhance anti-submarine capabilities.
- Anti-submarine aircraft fixed wing: sea patrol aircraft now become a means of anti-submarine warfare is possible with the advantages of high maneuverability, long flying time, load and less vulnerable to the weapons deployed on submarines as well as wide range of scour.
The Chinese navy is considering making fixed-wing aircraft Y-8 is capable missile for ships with only small quantities due to lack of overseas bases to the task of sea patrols in the area far green country.
According to analysts, this will be remedied in a decade. Other direction in the development of underground facilities from the air against the Chinese navy is more investment in anti-submarine systems, unmanned aerial.
- Submarine: Mission anti-submarine warfare is in place to force China's diesel submarines from relatively early because of the diesel submarine may have some advantages when operating in shallow coastal areas and the the AIP is not complete. The rig was pulled sonar equipment on the submarine of the PLA.
Type-039G Song class submarine (photo : chinabba)
Song-class submarines were equipped with anti-submarine torpedoes first heavy weapons and anti-submarine launch rocket (ASROC in Western naval forces). Nuclear submarine force of China is also equipped with the anti-submarine technology but seek speeds to detect enemy submarines is still relatively slow.
In addition, the level of submariners in submarine warfare is not high and combat experience almost no also significantly reduce the ability of anti-submarine warfare the PLA, but they have certain advantages as familiar with the conditions and depth of oceanography in the waters near China.