03 Februari 2015

PAF SF-260 Trainer Planes Grounded

03 Februari 2015

PAF SF-260 (photo : pdff)

MANILA, Philippines - The Air Force has grounded about 20 SF-260 trainer planes after the death of two pilots in a crash in Batangas last Saturday.

In a phone interview yesterday, Air Force spokesman Lt. Col. Enrico Canaya said the trainer planes would be grounded while the incident is being investigated. 

“The SF-260s were grounded immediately after the incident,” he said. “They will be in their respective hangars until the completion of the investigation.” 

Canaya said Air Force commander Lt. Gen. Jeffrey Delgado has formed a panel that would look into the crash. Three factors are being considered in determining the cause of the accident: human error, mechanical failure and conditions in the environment, he added.

Canaya said the crash and the grounding of the SF-260 planes will have an effect on the training of Air Force pilots.

 “There will be slight delays in the training but they can catch up once the investigation is completed,” he said.

An SF-260 plane crashed around 300 meters off the shoreline of Barangay Bucana in Nasugbu, Batangas at 9:40 a.m. Capt. John Bayao and his student, 1Lt. Nazer Jana, died.

Their remains were taken to Villamor Air Base in Pasay City after being retrieved about 20 meters beneath the sea.

The plane took off from Fernando Air Base in Lipa City at around 9:07 a.m. for a training mission.

The Air Force has started retrieval operations for the plane.

(PhilStar)

First Airbus A400M for Malaysia Makes its Maiden Flight

03 Februari 2015

 RMAF A400M (photos : Airbus DS)

The first of four Airbus Defence and Space A400M new generation airlifters ordered by the Royal Malaysian Air Force has made its successful maiden flight, marking a key milestone towards delivery. 


The aircraft, known as MSN22, took off from Seville, Spain, on 30 January at 17:30 local time (GMT+1) and landed back on site 1 hours and 30 minutes later.

The photos above show MSN22 performing its maiden flight.

(Airbus DS)

Philippines Submits Maritime Defense ‘Wish List’ to Japan

03 Februari 2015

Philippine Navy wanted Japan to provide them with brand-new patrol boats (photo : wiki)

The military wanted Japan to chip in to its ongoing modernization by providing to the country assets and equipment that could be used in areas of humanitarian assistance and disaster response and maritime-domain awareness.

Defense Secretary Voltaire T. Gazmin admitted on Monday that he provided his Japanese counterpart a “military wish list” that could help the country stand up to the challenge of responding to calamities and natural disaster and increased patrol of its territorial waters.

However, the defense chief refused to disclose these types of assets, other than “everything that could address our maritime security.”

Earlier, the Navy wanted Japan to provide them with brand-new patrol boats, which it could be used in patrolling and securing the country’s territorial waters, especially in the West Philippine Sea where Chinese military and paramilitary vessels are a regular sight.

Gazmin was in Tokyo last week for the Japan-Philippines Defense Ministerial Meeting wherein he met with Japanese Defense Minister Gen Nakatani.

Japan is currently locked in a territorial dispute with China over a portion of the East China Sea, while the Philippines is battling off an aggressive China over its territory in the West Philippine Sea.

During their meeting, Gazmin and Nakatani agreed that any dispute should be settled peacefully and without the use of force or coercion, in accordance with basic principles of international law.

They also reaffirmed the importance of the freedom of navigation and overflight in the high seas as they briefed each other on the situations in the East and South China Sea.

Gazmin welcomed Japan’s efforts in actively contributing to the peace and stability, not only in the region but around the world, in partnership with the international community.

Gazmin and Nakatani highlighted the progress of bilateral cooperation and exchanges between the two countries through the high-level exchanges, vice ministerial dialogue and Japan Self Defense Force’s contribution to the relief operations during Supertyphoon Yolanda.

(Business Mirror)

Uji Dinamis Bom Pada Pesawat T-50i Golden Eagle

03 Februari 2015

Pemasangan Bom BDU-33, Launcher 68 dan Launcher 131 pada pesawat tempur T-50i Golden Eagle di Shelter Skadron Udara 15 (photo : TNI AU)

Tiga pesawat tempur T-50i Golden Eagle dari Skadron Udara 15, melaksanakan uji coba bom buatan Dislitbangau, di Lanud Iswahjudi dengan sasaran Air Weapon Range (AWR), Pulung, Ponorogo, Jawa Timur, Senin (2/2/15).

Dalam Uji coba bom yang dipimpin oleh Komandan Skadron Udara 15 Letkol Pnb Marda Sarjono, ketiga pesawat tersebut menguji Bom BDU-33, Launcher 68 dan Launcher 131, dengan tujuan untuk mengetahui daya ledak bom serta ketepatan sasaran. selain itu juga merupakan ajang uji kemampuan bagi para penerbang tempur dalam ketepatan menembak Air to Ground atau menghancurkan sasaran sekaligus untuk meningkatkan kemampuan tempur yang handal dan profesional.

Uji coba disaksikan langsung oleh Komandan Lanud Iswahjudi Marsma TNI Donny Ermawan T. M.D.S., didampingi Direktur Enginering Koharmatau Kolonel Lek Dento Priyono, tim Dislitbangau, Para Pejabat dari Mabesau dan Lanud Iswahjudi, mulai dari pemasangan bom di wing pesawat T-50i Golden Eagle hingga pelaksanaan pengebomam di AWR Pulung, Ponorogo.

Komandan Lanud Iswahjudi, Marsma TNI Donny Ermawan T., M.D.S berharap pelaksanaan uji coba bom BDU-33, Launcher 68 dan Launcher 131 pada pesawat T-50i Golden Eagle ini dapat berjalan lancar, aman, selamat dan mendapatkan hasil yang memuaskan, sehingga dapat memperoleh sertifikat kelaikan dari Dislambangjaau, maka kemandirian di bidang Alutsista akan terwujud, sehingga pesawat tempur TNI AU khususnya T-50i Golden Eagle memiliki Bom sendiri tanpa tergantung dari luar negeri.

(TNI AU)

02 Februari 2015

C-295 Filipina Jalani Uji Terbang

02 Februari 2015

C-295 Angkatan Udara Filipina (photo : Juanfco Mayoral)

Situs Jetphotos pada tanggal 23 Januari 2015 lalu memuat foto yang dikirim oleh Juanfco Mayoral berupa uji penerbangan bagi pesawat C-295 Angkatan Udara Filipina yang dilakukan di Sevilla, Spanyol.

Pesawat C-295 buatan Airbus Military saat ini perakitan akhirnya memang dilakukan di San Pablo dekat Sevilla, Spanyol. Sebagaimana diberitakan pada bulan Juni 2014 lalu, Airbus Military sedang mengerjakan 20 pesanan pesawat C295, tiga diantaranya adalah pesanan Vietnam dan Filipina.

Atas perjanjian dengan PT Dirgantara Indonesia,  Airbus berencana memindahkan produksi pesawat C-295 ke Bandung, karena perusahaan ini akan konsentrasi membuat pesawat A400M.

Airbus Military memenangkan tender kedua bagi pengadaan 3 pesawat angkut medium Angkatan Udara Filipina senilai P 5 milyar pada bulan Februari 2014 lalu. Pesawat pertama direncanakan untuk diserahkan pada Agustus 2015, pesawat kedua pada Maret 2016 dan pesawat ketiga pada September 2016. Namun demikian, mengingat sekarang uji terbang sudah dilakukan, ada kemungkinan serah terima pesawat pertama dimajukan.

Pesawat C-295 ini rencananya akan berpasangan dengan pesawat C-130 Hercules menjadi tulang punggung armada angkut Angkatan Udara Filipina, kemungkinan akan menggantikan armada F-27 Trooship yang saat ini masih aktif digunakan.

Pesawat C-295 sebagai pesawat angkut taktis militer dapat membawa muatan 9 ton atau 71 personel bersenjata, juga dapat difungsikan sebagai pesawat angkut VIP. Kemampuann yang dimiliki adalah short take-off & landing (STOL) dari landasan yang  kasar, hemat bahan bakar, serta mempunyai daya jelajah hingga 11 jam di udara. 


(Defense Studies)

Soltam ATMOS 52 Caliber Howitzer Delivered to Thailand

02 Februari 2015

So;tam ATMOS 52 howitzer (photo : Natphat Poolsuan)

Finally ATMOS has just came to Thailand. It seems to have 52 caliber rather than normal (and in service) 39 caliber Soltam howitzer.



There are some rumours that the collaboration between RTA and Elbit does not happen. IMO If the rumour is real, this will be a great loss to Thai's weapon industry ! 


Another rumour said "18 systems will be shipped to Thailand" and "the assembly will be done in the Army Weapon factory". I hope that the collaboration will be continued and Thai's version of ATMOS will be manufactured in large numbers.

(Thai Defense

Third Kilo Submarines HQ-184 Haiphong Arrived in Vietnam

02 Februari 2015


HQ-184 Haiphong submarine (photos : Tienphong, BaoDatViet)

HQ-184 Haiphong submarine was towed in Cam Ranh military port, following the journey lasted a month and a half, according to media Vietnam.



This is the Kilo-class submarines Tuesday of 6 units that Vietnam put Russia plays contract signed 6 billion in late 2009.

Rolldock Star cargo ship carrying the HQ-184 has departed from the port of St. Petersburg, Russia, from Wednesday 16/12, according to the Interfax news agency.



This vessel has arrived at Cam Ranh Bay, Khanh Hoa province on the evening of 28/1, before entering military Cam Ranh port at 12pm the day 01/31, Vietnam newspapers said.

Earlier, two submarines HQ-182 HQ-183 in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City have been handed over from the first year and between 2014.



The remaining ships will be named Da Nang, Khanh Hoa and Ba Ria-Vung Tau.
The HQ-185 Danang began testing from early last year.

In 2009, Vietnam and Russia signed a contract to supply six submarines worth more than 2 billion dollars.



Vietnam submarines purchased from Russia as the Project 636 class submarine Varshavyanka, built at the Admiralty Shipyard in St. Petersburg Verfi.

Kilo submarines submarine is the third generation. This is a modern submarine, on a systematic anti-ship missiles Club of Russia.



Kilo-class submarines with relaxing water volume from 3,000 to 3,950 tons, operating at a depth of 240 m average and maximum diving depth of 300 m and have a range of 6000-7500 nm, while operating independently 45-day and 52-person crew, according to figures from the local media.

'Submarine Base'

Cam Ranh Bay Vietnam is being developed for the submarine base.



Late last year, the Russian news agency reported that Vietnam and Russia signed an intergovernmental agreement simplified procedures for Russian warships in the port of Cam Ranh.



Itar-Tass leading firms from the Russian Defense Ministry said the agreement was signed today in the coastal city of Sochi 25/11 during the visit of the General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam, Nguyen Phu Trong to Russia.



Defense sources said Russia under an agreement signed Monday 25/11, the Russian ships in the port of Cam Ranh just prior notice to the management port without additional procedures else.



According to this source, Vietnam is the second country after Syria agreed as on Russia.
Earlier this year, the Russian Defense Ministry said the Air Force in 2014 it began using Cam Ranh airport in Vietnam for the long-range missions.



The information posted on the ministry's website said Tuesday 4/1 last year, Russia for the first time used the airport in Khanh Hoa province in central Vietnam to landing transport aircraft Il-78 tankers used for capital not to fight Tu-95MS bombers.

Type fighters carrying this variant missiles used to patrol the sea, still according to the Russian Defense Ministry.

(BBC Vietnam)